It would be interesting to see how many of these you agree with. I can’t be the only one who had (until now) an unwritten list of things that make me sigh…
- Sprouts. It’s a fact. Nobody actually likes them, and anyone who says they do are part of the conspiracy. The human body is just not designed to accept such things as food.
- Ditto for Red Bull. It smells like vomit, and doesn’t taste much better.
- People who park their 4x4s across two spaces (usually at the supermarket), because they are worried their precious car will get scratched if they only use one. You should know that this type of inconsiderate behaviour only encourages vandalism. Nefarious characters will go out of their way to key your vehicle, and I can’t say I blame them.
- People with personalised licence plates, especially those ones with only tenuous links to actual names. Why do you feel it necessary to tell me who you are anyway? Are you that insecure? Or is it so that if I meet you in the street I can say: hey, FF11ONA. You’re that idiot who paid three hundred quid for a plate that nobody can understand, right?
- Men (because it always is) who drive around in convertibles with the top down when it’s not a nice day. Stop showing off: we can all see you. And we all think you’re a twat.
This is perhaps a good place to say that if I know you and one or more of these items hits you square in the face, it’s never too late to change.